Istanbul is an exciting city which remains true to its historic heritage owing its ancient bazaars, cathedrals and mosque. It is Turkey’s largest city which offers a feeling of charm and intrigue to tourists who visit this place. Let’s take an overlook at some of the top tourist attractions of Istanbul, which you should not miss during your travel to Turkey:
1. Aynalıkavak Palace – It is pavilion style architecture with a nice sloping roof which is topped with a nice dome. The interiors of the palace is preserved and decorated with stunning marble, silk divans, chandeliers, and stained glass.
2. Istanbul Archaeological Museum – It is one of the first Turkish museums and contains thousands of precious artefacts that include sarcophagus of Alexander, Zeus and Crying Women with several old age funerary tombs.
3. Chora Church – Several tourists who have visited this church have to say that stunning Byzatine art of this church is worthy of visit. Chora Church is one of the most attractive and great works of Byzatine architecture. The fine frescoes and mosaics are its great examples.
4. Dolmabahce Palace – The three words that describe this glamorous palace are beautiful, plush and luxurious. This palace is a blend of various European architectural styles and surpasses all other palaces in the world in terms of magnificence and wealth. This palace is decorated with gold and crystal and has large collection comprising of crystal chandeliers of Bohemian and Baccrat across the whole world.
5. Grand Bazaar – Shopaholics must visit this place that has around 5,000 shops, which makes it one of the largest indoor market places. It features carpets, jewellery, hand-painted ceramics, antiques, souvenirs and spices.
6. Hagia Sophia – This place has been converted into a beautiful museum of Turkish Republic as per Ataturk orders. It has become one of the most beautiful and preserved monuments not only in Turkey owing to its historical richness and impeccable architecture.
Thus, don’t miss to visit these places to get a memorable experience of your trip to Turkey.